Saturday, December 17, 2011

Journal #7: Creating my Personal Learning Network

A PLN is a Personal Learning Network.  A personal learning network is a collection of information and contacts that can be used to gain knowledge that I use to contribute to my career as a teacher.  Some different tools that I used in my PLN are: Twitter, Diigo, Digital Discussion Forums (Ning), and Classroom 2.0.  PLN is such an awesome resource because the technology world is evolving every day and the resources are unlimited.  As a teacher I can use my PLN for new ideas from other educators.  I can share my ideas also with educators. 

Twitter:  I chose a variety of pages from education to health.  The first one is reubenhuffman because he is a Sociology and Tech teacher, which I found very interesting.  My minor is Sociology so I found that I could use his resources and ideas.  I also chose krains she is a teacher and I really enjoyed reading her tweets so I started following her.  I chose First5ca because it is an educational page and since I want to be a teacher I figured this would be useful.  I chose educationweek because it talks about weekly journal and has some very interesting and useful information.  Lastly I chose HealthJoinln because it talks about the ways you can stay healthy and fit they had a lot of great ideas.

Diigo: Diigo has been an awesome resource there has been so many times that I am not able to write everything down or do not have time to take all these notes.  Diigo is a great resource when doing research because you can save the page and highlight the important things instead of writing it all down.  My Diigo Library is very large.  There educational bookmarks that include: lesson plans, games for kids, and ideas for the classroom.  There are bookmarks about cyber safety and the legal issues that come with it.  One bookmark that is specific is Kathy's guide for educators.  It was awesome resource and a great way to learn so many interesting things.  I tagged a few of them PLN because they were great resources when creating my PLN and contributed to the making of it.

(Ning):  I joined Classroom 2.0 and put the badge on my blog page.  As I was browsing around the classroom 2.0 website I was so excited to see all of the exciting information it had.  I looked through the blog pages that were connected to classroom 2.0 and they had a lot of great examples and ideas.  There were different blog page groups for elementary, middle and high school.  I watched a video about the top 10 proven classroom management tips for teachers.  I found the video very interesting and would use something like this in my own classroom.  I found some very cool pictures of different art projects and projects that can be done in the classroom.  This website is awesome for all teachers and educators and people who want to share their ideas and pick up new ideas.  As a new teacher I will use all my resources to make me a better more well rounded teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment